Fox News. I don’t even watch you but you really got me mad. On Facebook, someone sent a link to a video of a Fox News team bashing Fred Rogers of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. A female Foxy called him “an evil, evil man”. Really? Talk about calling black white and white black! The Foxy team connected young people’s sense of entitlement with Mr. Roger’s telling children they are special. Oh, how stupid can you get? Never tell you children they are special. Really?
Here is what Mr. Rogers did for my children:
- He taught their mother that children have feelings and she should not dismiss them.
- He taught their mother that children see things differently than adults. For example, children might think they could actually go down a drain and that might be why they scream when you try to put them in the bathtub.
- He taught their mother that children can do things that adults cannot do, like get into little places to get things when the adult cannot.
- He taught their mother now to talk to children in ways that children understand.
- Fred Roger’s taught their mother that CHILDREN ARE SPECIAL and that she should be grateful for them.
I am sure that the members of this Fox News team did not watch Mr. Rogers when they were children and their mothers didn’t either.
I don’t know how long it will take me to get rid of this resentment.