I have a new pain today…in my left hip. The only thing I can think to blame is going to Anytime Fitness on Tuesday for the first time. I just about killed myself on this machine that is like riding a bike but standing up. I could indeed feel it in my hips. It was very aerobic. I wanted to do ten minutes but barely made it for five. The pain started last night and it was hard to get comfortable in bed but I slept okay. I love it when I can blame pain on exercise.
Someone gave me this list of quips that are really good. I will share these with you here:
- Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is the “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
- So why is a car’s windshield so large and the rear view mirror so small? Because our past is not as important as our future. So, look ahead and move on.
- Friendship is like a book. It takes a few seconds to burn, but it take years to write.
- All things in life are temporary. If it’s going well, enjoy it, that won’t last long. If it’s going badly, don’t worry, that won’t last long either.
- Old friends are gold! New friends are diamonds. If you get a diamond, don’t forget the gold! Because to hold a diamond, you always need a base of gold!
- Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not an end.
- When God solves your problems, you have faith in His abilities; when God doesn’t solve your problems, He has faith in your abilities.
- A blind person asked St. Anthony, “Can there be anything worse than losing eyesight?” He replied, “Yes, losing your vision!”
- When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them; sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
My favorites are numbers 4 and 6. Sometimes when I read things like this I tend to get all theological, like the idea of God smiling from above…for me God is above, below, around and in me. God smiling? That is our tendency to humanize God, but better this than the idea of God wrathing. And of course, the “he” thing. But, I try to quiet this tendency in me so I can appreciate the wisdom of sayings.
One thought on “Quipping”
Awesome Judy!!! Thank you
Comments are closed.